Why is it that some people seem to feel things more strongly, are more affected than others by insensitivity, rudeness and generally poor behaviour from colleagues? Are they simply more sensitive and need to harden up? Or is there something more to it?
Using research and stories from her coaching career Galia explains why different people experience the same behaviours differently, for good and for bad, and what they can do about it.
Drawing on her own and others’ research, Galia offers the following:
1 hour talk
A one-hour introductory talk for an unlimited number of people where participants will receive an overview of:
- Boundaries, how to set them effectively and what to do when they are affronted
- Why people experience them differently
- The possible consequences for health and wellbeing when boundaries are affronted
- Key strategies for addressing these scenarios
4 hour interactive workshop
For up to 16 participants.interest/bookings
A four-hour interactive workshop for up to 16 participants, that can be tailored to different work environments. The workshop is designed to achieve the following:
- An exploration of their own Emotional Intelligence, Emotional Permeability and approach to setting boundaries
- Practicing techniques I developed from my own research, designed to harness useful insights while at the same time maintaining emotional and physical health in the face of pressure and relational stress
Galia Barhava-Monteith talks at 2018 MindBody Symposium
The difference between being looked at and being seen. The video below shares a personal journey.